Obviously, Liberty Commons’ Board of Trustees would like to provide a safe and tasteful manner for Unit Owners and Non-Owner Residents to express their creative energies throughout the year and for a reasonable number of holidays1 while maintaining a consistent and uniform look and feel to Liberty Commons as a community. Liberty Commons’ Board of Trustees have established these guidelines to provide some thoughtful parameters for each Unit Owner and Non-Owner Resident to work within, that they feel is fair, reasoned, and uniform for everyone:
- The decoration area is limited to the exterior front door surface of the Unit.
- Seasonal and holiday decorations must be to “good taste” standards1, seasonal or holiday appropriate1 and that add visual appeal to Liberty Commons as a community.
- Decorations cannot penetrate the door’s surface, nor remove and/or damage the painted or integrity of the surface, nor cause any other damages to the door, trim, or functions of the exterior door or storm/ screen door.
- Decorations must fit between the exterior Unit door and the storm/ screen door, and allow the storm/ screen door easily and completely close and function as intended.
- Decorations up to an 18-inch diameter circle or square are acceptable.
- Holiday decorations may be displayed within three (3) weeks leading up to the holiday and removed within five (5) days following the holiday. Seasonal decorations are allowed throughout that season, in accordance with the United States’ calendar.
- Reasonable holiday decorations1 may be displayed on inside the Unit’s windows, french door, or sliding glass door, within three (3) weeks leading up to the typical holiday and removed within five (5) days following the holiday.
- Seasonal or holiday decorations are not permitted outside of the Unit (as defined in the Unit Deed) in any Common Area, Limited Common Area, or attached to any Common Element, to ensure the health and safety of all Unit Owners, Non-Owner Residents, or visitors to Liberty Commons, with the exception of the exterior front door of the Unit as defined above.
When in doubt, you should consult Liberty Commons’ Board of Trustees directly or through the Managing Agent, before proceeding, to avoid wasted time, money, frustrations, removal, or daily fines.
These Seasonal and Holiday Personal Expression Guidelines are effective immediately and supersedes and replaces any and all previous holiday decorating standards and policies of Liberty Commons Condominium Trust.
1 “Good taste” and “reasonable” standards will be determined at the sole discretion of the Board of Trustees and all decisions are final.